Tuesday, July 4, 2017

XOX | LOVE ALWAYS + WILD AT HEART | GWEN WRUCK

Hi Creative Friends,

Back today with a very special share for Cocoa Vanilla Studios.  This week we are focusing on journaling and whilst I'm not huge on journaling most of the time, I was super excited to create this layout documenting my return to Ballet.  I grew up doing Ballet right up until the age of 20, but then life got busy, I was at uni, then met my hubby and had a family.  Turning 40 last year was a time of reflection and as part of that, I decided I wanted to get back into my pointe shoes... and I'm currently on that journey.


I wanted a very linear design for this page and to keep the journaling my focus decided on a very simple and clean design that ran up and down the centre of the page. I also knew I wanted a very soft colour palette to match with the soft tones in my photo so the Love Always collection was the perfect fit.  For my background, I've used the Twin Set paper - I just adore these pale pink and white stripes.  

I also knew I wanted to go with the XO Colour Me Happy cut files as part of my title and cut them out quite large on my Silhouette.  I mounted these onto the Luscious paper from the Wild At Heart collection, I love this ombre in the perfect shade of pink.



Next, I found the sentiment "This Makes me So Happy" on the Lovely Things paper which I really wanted to use, but it was only 4 inches across and didn't fit with the design I had in mind... I then had a bit of a brainwave to cut it up!  I trimmed along the grey underline of the text and then lined the four pieces up in a single row.  I then stitched these to my page.

Next, it was time to mount my photo, I wanted to balance out the colours I'd used in the top title so I also used the Luscious paper here.  I've also used the Class Act paper, another favourite in this collection of mine!


Now was the time for journalling.  I HATE my handwriting so it had to be typed.  I have a vintage typewriter which is quite slow to use, but beautiful, so I first drafted my journalling onto my computer.  This allowed me to edit and make sure there were no spelling errors etc and gave me an idea of how much space it would take up on my page.  I then simply copied this text out using the typewriter.  I've used the B side of the Lovely Things paper for this and then trimmed out the lines using a guillotine ready to add to my page.



Now was the time to place everything, starting with the XOX at the top, followed by the larger sentiment and then my journalling.  I then added my photo and saw there was a little space left at the bottom of the page; perfect for some smaller embellishments.  I decided on a little row of 3 of the vellum butterflies from the Vellum Accents pack, so soft and pretty.  I also wanted something subtle for the top centre of the page and I found this sweet heart shape on the Wild At Heart Chipboard Accent Sticker sheet which was a sweet little addition.  Underneath I placed the vellum butterfly, also from the Vellum Accents pack with some sparkles from the Bits and Pieces pack.  I thought these really helped balance out the design and fill some of the space without being too overwhelming.



To finish out the layout, I added tiny word sentiments from the Wild At Heart Accessory Stickers there are so many sweet words on this sheet, it is one of my most favourites!!  Lucky last I added some enamel dots sparkles in silver which co-ordinate with the sparkles in the top embellishment cluster.  

This page came together really quickly, in part due to the focus being on the journalling, but also because every element is centred and flowing down the page.  I hope it inspires you to document something your passionate about and as always, would love to see you share you page in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community.

Gwen
xo


No comments: