Monday, July 24, 2017

"Turning Ten" for D-lish Scraps


Hi Creative friends,

I hope you are all well!  Here today to share a fun birthday inspired page for D-lish scraps.

This one features Miss Caitlin on her 10th birthday which was in January of this year and I have yet to scrap a single photo!!  We had a whole day of celebrations starting with some school friends at a local "Bounce Inc" trampoline play centre.   This is a quick snap I took before we all got jumping, such fun!


I began this page by selecting out some key elements I know I wanted to use, such as the chipboard balloons and the cute yellow deer from the Resin Embellishments.  I then decided to take the bright colours from these to make up the colour combo of my page.  I wanted everything to be bright and happy for this one.



I started with a plain pale pink background so that the bright elements I added would really pop!  First I began creating my photo mat, which consists of lots of layers of paper and a teal striped paper baggie.  This one was a 5 x 7 bag, which I have simply trimmed to fit my photo mat.


Next, it was time to lock in the design of the layout, I started with my title as I knew it was going to be pretty large.  That combined with the photo mat I had just made needed to be decided on before I went about adding the smaller details.  I just laid everything out and shuffled until I was happy.




Next, it was time to get working on some embellishment clusters.  I have positioned two wooden hearts to the left of my photo to start.  I have used so many of these Wooden Hearts, they go with everything right?!# These have been painted with some Colour Blast Water Colour Shimmer cubes in "Sunshine".  I then created a larger cluster to the right of my photo and another one towards the top of the page.  To decide these, I just tried to balance out the balloons, the title and my photo.



I've also used some Jewelled Cabochons - these are super cute and that pink/purple colour is divine!  Once I was happy with the clusters, I added a few splattered drops of watered down white paint just to soften the harshness between that super clean pink background and the embellishments.  Now was also a good time to add the final touch, some .


I'll leave you with one more close up of all the paper layers and that cute little deer!

I'm sure you all have photos of birthday celebrations yet to scrap, so I hope this layout inspires you to pull them out.

Products used:


thanks for popping by today
Gwen

xo

No comments: