Sunday, June 18, 2017

SWEET SPRING DAYS | ENDLESS SUMMER | GWEN WRUCK

Hello creative friends,

I've rested up after that fab long weekend at the Scrapbook and Paper Craft Expo and I'm back for another Cocoa Vanilla Studios share today.

For this layout, I wanted to document a little weekend trip we recently took down the coast to go Glamping! For those of you who have not heard of the term, it is simply Glamourous Camping and I am certainly not a camper gal but was pleasantly surprised at how fun and comfortable these glamping tents were!!



This layout came together pretty quickly for me and surprisingly began with the photo and that cute little flag I have popped onto the top of the tent.  It is very rare that I would start a layout in this way, but it was the perfect fit and I just love how cute it looks there.  I then went about stitching around the photo to make it pop.


Next, I went about my usual process of creating the background, the Endless Summer collection seemed like the perfect fit and I was immediately drawn to the Blue Skies paper and those cute clouds.  For the lower section, I went with the Aloha paper which was the perfect neutral to ground my paper layers and photo mat.


I went with a pretty simple photo mat using bits and pieces from the This and That paper.  These cut apart sheets are super versatile and a must in any collection.  I then went about constructing my title using a combination of the Alphabet stickers (which I have also stitched to my photo), Puffy Stickers and the die cut ephemera.  I added a subtitle with pieces from the This and That paper, more die cut ephemera and the Accessory Stickers and a wood veneer.  I love mixing and matching the embellishments within a collection for added interest and the wonderful differences in texture.


Once I had sorted out my title and subtitle placement, I then went about adding a bunch of elements around my photo.  I began with the larger elements such as the "Hello Sunshine" circle cut from the This and That paper and mounted on foam.  The blooms for this collection are super pretty too; I went with this neutral one.


 I then went on to add the florals from the Die Cut Ephemera pack and other circle elements including my favourite the woodies.  A few people asked me about these at the craft show recently and yes, they are quite thick but to remove some of the dimension, I remove the foam mount that they come on and glue down with a liquid adhesive.  I love their dimension and the soft wooden colour.


Lastly, I pulled out the cloud elements from the Wood Veneer and Die Cut Ephemera packs and added them to the top part of the layout, I felt this really helped balance out the design as before these were placed, it was very bottom heavy.


And that was the page done.  I love how the clusters came together for this one and how I've used lots of bits and bobs from quite a few of the embellishment packs.  They fit together so well!  So, why not pull out your summer collections, snuggle up and scrap those fun summer pics, I hope I've inspired you today :)

Until next time,
Gwen
xo


No comments: